I feel like summer is one of those times, kinda like the first of the year, when we start out strong, and by the end of the summer are. just. DONE. Amirightandcanigetanamen?
I wanted to talk briefly about how to set yourself up for a successful summer. Here are my top tips for a great summer with kids!
- Get your vision in place. What kind of summer do you want to have? What’s it going to take to make it great? Bucket list time! Create a family bucket list for the summer using my free Summer 2019 Bucket List printable!
- Plan it out. Pull out the ol’ planner and figure out how you’re going to make all that stuff happen!
- Set a daily schedule. We are typically pretty unscheduled people. When David and I got married, we joked that flexibility was one of our family values. But, really, it is. We like being able to go at our own pace, and we’re grateful to be businesspeople that have the ability to do that. But it’s not great for kids. Summertime, especially, we’ve noticed that our kids thrive with a schedule in place.
- Put your summer calendar someplace where the whole family can reference it. You can grab my free summer calendar printable pages here.
- Don’t over-plan. I’m an enneagram seven, and our weakness is gluttony. For me, this means that I want to DO ALL THE THINGS. No, really, ALL OF THEM. AND SEVENTEEN TIMES PLEASE. And omg, FOMO. ALL. THE. TIME.
Those are my tips! Now I want to know how you are planning for a successful summer?
I’m sharing my favorite tips, tricks, recipes, and activities for my summer with kids over on Instagram. I’d love for you to follow along!